Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Work in Progress

I wanted to make a doll for the ADQ book challenge .
I gave a lot of thought to what I would make And something said make a doll you can relate to. 
Recently My grandpuppy had to have surgery on both his hind legs..So Grandma has been running around trying to keep him settled and happy.
So I decided to try my hand at a doll inspired by one of my childhood favorites. "Old Mother Hubbard".

 

 I also decided to make it my very first armature doll. What was I thinking? Never having taken an armature class, I knew I would have my work cut out for me. I do love a challenge though! Started with wire, tape and batting. Added the clay head ( did take a class on clay from Gritty Jane)

  
Next question I had was, well now what? I know muslin so I cut and stitched muslin over the batting, stuffing it a bit more as I stitched it in place. I used tape for the arms. I was just delighted when she stood on her own.

  
Next step was to add clay, fill in what needed filling and shaping. I then made the little dog.

 Now paint. Will she become the character I wish her to be?
I crackled her and had a scary moment. For a bit she looked like Thing from The Fantastic Four.
I felted the dog and made is clothes.

A few more touches and she will be done.

No comments: